Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Roscato Rosso Dolce


Roscato
Variety: Fruit Wine
Region: Rosso Dolce
Country: Italy
Year: 2010
Price: $25 (Bottle) 


Winery review: Northern Italy provides a spectacular backdrop for Roscato, a violet-hued red with aromatic notes of cherry, blackberry and red raspberry. A touch of sweetness and bright acidity underlies the appeal of this charming wine.


This wine has a sweet taste and is similar to Moscato. It doesn't leave a bad after-taste at all. I tried it on a whim, only purchased one bottle while I was visiting the South...Wow, I should have purchased more, I can't find it in the North.

My review:  I absolutely loved this wine. It tasted completely like a thick fruit juice. The mid palate was full and it went really well with food. I was so impressed by this wine that I bought myself a bottle. I was able to taste this wine with a full dinner and it went perfectly.  The aftertaste was surprisingly refreshing also. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god!! I enjoyed this wine sooo much! it was divine. I had to go out and buy a couple of bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new fav wine. Olive Garden sells it for $25 a bottle but you can buy it for $10.99..I give ig all ☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

    ReplyDelete