Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Duck Duck Goose Chardonnay


Duck Duck Goose Chardonnay  
Variety: Charonnay
Region: South Australia
Country: South Australia
Year: 2009
Price: $14


Winery review:  Duck Duck Goose is an Australian “value” Chardonnay.  It’s interesting to note this Aussie vintner has managed to remove the classic chardonnay presence of oak. In typical ‘down under’ fashion, the wine maker also applies the adroit use of the screw-off cap.  The wine boasts a fruity bouquet with a light-bodied taste that encompasses flavors of citrus, with layers of melon and orange.  A hint of Starfruit presents itself on the backside leaving an aftertaste that is lasting and acidic.  All and all this Aussie production wine is no trip to Sydney. On the SMS Scale (1-10) I humbly rate this Chardonnay a 5.


My review:  I enjoyed this wine. It was different to taste a chardonnay like this that is unoaked. It obtained a sense of lightness and freshness because of this, in my opinion. I enjoyed the light fruit scent with the wine and how the alcohol smell did not over shine the taste. I was unable to taste this wine with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment