Sunday, February 26, 2012

Crane Lake


Crane Lake Moscato
Variety: 100% Moscato
Region: California 
Country: United States 
Year: 2010
Price: $10


Winery review: 84 pts. Wine Enthusiast: October, 2011
Sweet in honey, lemon and lime and vanilla flavors, with a good zest of acidity that makes it finish clean and vibrant. Good price for an everyday sweetie.
This wine is so tasty with melon, cheese, fruit and good breads. I bought one bottle, chilled it, shared it, enjoyed it and went back and purchased the other 11 bottles. For a Moscato, it has a kicker 12.5%. It was that good, full bodied, smooth, sweet quality that I like in a fruity wine. It is wonderful also for just cold sipping on a hot summer evening.




My review:  I found this Moscato to be amazing. It was smooth and come off as a wine that was definitely good to casually sip on. It would go with any food and it had an overall full feel to it. I found the wine to be sweet and thick while not exposing the smell of the alcohol. This review may contain some bias seeing that I can partial to Moscato. I was able to taste this wine with a bit of cheese and bread. I would definitely recommend this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment