Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Coldstream Hills


Coldstream Hills 
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Yarra Valley
Country: Austrailia
Year: 2009
Price: $7.95


Winery review: “Predominantly fermented at cool temperatures in stainless steel tanks, with a small portion barrel fermented in older French oak, the wine is blended, bottled and released three to four months after fermentation.  The nose shows fragrant gooseberry characters with underlying passion fruit and lychee aromas.  Minerally, stalky notes are evident and provide additional complexity.  The palate is a fine and elegant style with zesty lemon acidity and length.  Varietal characters of passion fruit pulp and gooseberry dominate with hints of lemon peel in the background.”


My review:  I found this Sauvignon Blanc to be smooth and sweet. It was a thicker wine in my opinion and had a fruity, sugary aftertaste. Overall, I enjoyed the wine. It was a light wine that went down smoothly and had a full body. I was able to taste this wine with a small amount of bread on the side. I enjoyed this wine so much that I bought a bottle myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment