Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hardys Chardonnay Nottage Hill


Hardys Chardonnay Nottage Hill
Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: South Eastern Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2007
Price: $10


Winery review: Notty has done it again and takes the honour of leading the way in our Chardonnay list for the third year running. It has honeyed, crème brûlée flavours and a surprising amount of sexy oak for this little money, making it one of the best value wines on the market.


Golden yellow straw color. Baked apple, lemon and sweet cream aromas. A soft, gentle entry leads to a dryish light-to-medium body with apple-pear tart and light lemon curd flavors. Finishes with tart lemon, ashy mineral and peppery spice fade.


My review:  When tasting the Hardy's Chardonnay Nottage Hill 2007, I found the wine to be strong and the taste to be a bit too thick for my taste. I feel as if the mid palate of this wine was too intricate to be able to drink with food. I was not able to taste the wine with food, however. I also found the wine to be a bit tart and bitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment