Saturday, February 11, 2012

Cellar No. 8


Cellar No. 8
Variety: 97% Pinot Grigio
             3% Gewurztraminer
Region: California
Country: United States 
Year: 2008
Price: $13


Winery review: Cellar No. 8 Pinot Grigio displays notes of pineapple and jasmine on the nose. Crisp and light, this wine has grapefruit and lime flavors that open to a refreshing finish with balanced acidity. Cellar No. 8 Pinot Grigio is perfect on its own, anytime. Cellar No. 8 wines honor and reflect the rich winemaking tradition at Asti. Whether relaxing in your favorite leather chair or celebrating with friends, Cellar No. 8 is a great discovery which might just become your next 


My review:  I found this wine to have a fruity smell. Upon tasting the wine, I found it to be ridiculously acidic and it masked all the flavors I found in the initial smell. It also, I think, smelled of the alcohol in the beverage. I was not able to try this wine with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment