Sunday, February 19, 2012

Montgras Reserva

Montgras Reserva 
Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: Colchagua Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2009
Price: $18


Winery review:  Light gold. Shy aromas of nectarine and nutmeg are complicated by a leesy element. Juicy and fine-grained, with a silky texture to the pit fruit and spice flavors. A very nicely balanced but reticent chardonnay with well-integrated acidity and a dry, nervy finish.
Scored a 85 by Wine Spectator. 


My review:  Overall, I did not enjoy this wine. I found this wine to have a smoky feel to it. The wine was thick in taste and the mid palate presence was overwhelming.I found the wine to have a dry aftertaste also.  I was not able to taste this wine with food, but I do not believe that would have altered my views of this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment