Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ed Hardy Chardonnay


Ed Hardy Chardonnay  
Variety: Charonnay
Region: France
Country: France
Year: 2008
Price: $13


Winery review: Complex tropical fruit fragrances of pineapple and mango melt harmoniously with a touch of toasted honey. Long lasting, with a refreshing finish.



While I was at a Whole Foods tasting, a friend of mine showed me this rather infamous bottle of wine, and after the bartender said, "Well the bottle is prettier then the wine so that's a start right?" I knew I had to review it.  The wine itself is a dark yellow in color indicating that it was probably pretty oaky, but I was not prepared for this heavy-handed, indelicate, glass of hogwash.  I think Christian Audigier woke up one day and said, "Well I have this famous label, let's put some crappy product in it and laugh all the way to the bank!"  The sad thing is, they probably did.  There is barely any fruit flavor to speak of in this wine and was quite honestly, barely drinkable.  I am sorry that I bought into this ploy myself, but at least all of you readers can now stay far, far away.




My review:  I found the Ed Hardy Chardonnay to have an initial smell that smelled a bit "oaky." Overall, I found the Chardonnay to expose the alcohol smell and taste a bit too much. Additionally, the taste overall did not seem like anything new. On the other hand, it obtained a strong mid palate which added to the little complexity the wine had. I was unable to taste this wine with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment