Thursday, February 23, 2012

Morro Bay White Oak Estates


Morro Bay White Oak Estates
Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: California 
Country: United States 
Year: 2009
Price: $10


Winery review: A surprising find (well, OK, to be honest, it was provided). Citrusy notes on the nose, with perhaps a bit more lemon that one might expect. Nice flavors of grapefruit and caramel on the palate, with good acid. The most surprising aspect is that someone had a deft hand with the French and American oak. It is there but restrained and kept on a leash. Finishes very clean. Not rich but very satisfying. The best part is that the price seems to come in at around $10. Try with a nice risotto. Highly recommended.


My review:  Overall, I found this Chardonnay to have too strong of a citrus feel to it. Upon smelling the chardonnay, I expected something different. It was different in the sense that it was citriusy in smell however it was not to my taste. I found the wine to be too bitter and busy. I was unable to taste this wine with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment