Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hey Mambo “Sultry Red”


Hey Mambo “Sultry Red”
Variety: Syrah
Region: Napa, California
Country: United States 
Year: 2008
Price: $7 by glass


Winery review: This wine has aromas reminiscent of an old-fashioned soda shop, fresh baked cherry pie, root beer, tobacco, caramel,
and vanilla. This Italian-style sultry red has intensity and depth, with flavors of pomegranate, black cherry, cola, and
dark chocolate laced with clove, espresso, and caramelized oak.


My review: I did not like this wine. The smell of the wine was too strong and tasted to acidic. The description described the wine to be like a soda pop but I did not make that connection. I was not able to try this wine with food and had tried it after many wines so my review may be faulty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment