Sunday, April 1, 2012

Foxglove Chardonnay


Foxglove Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Edna Valley 
Country: United States
Year: 2009
Price: $9 by glass


Winery review: Robert Parker proclaims that this is perhaps the great value in Chardonnay in the marketplace today. This is
outrageously delicious Chardonnay showing plenty of white currant, pineapple, and tangerine notes, with gorgeous fruit purity, medium body, crisp acidity, and oodles of naked varietal fruit that is complex and rich with great zestiness.


My review: I found this wine to be nothing out of the norm. It was your typical, light chardonnay and would pair well with any dish. I was not able to try this wine with food however. I will so though that the presence of a fruit taste was slightly more evident than most chardonnays, which I enjoyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment